Monday, November 3, 2008

The Owl Hairball from School

Today Carter came home from school with an interesting envelope. At school, the kids in his Discovery Program received an owl hairball/pellet to dissect. Carter didn't finish dissecting his, so he brought it home in an envelope to continue working on.

To be honest, I was a little distracted, and was only paying half attention while he was telling me all about what was in his envelope. I was saying things like "Cool Carter. Wow, that's neat!" - until I heard him say "and this is a mouse tooth..." That caught my attention and I looked up, and noticed he was really holding what appeared to be a mouse tooth with his bare hands. I panicked, made him wash his hands twice, and gave him a lecture about rabies and "things that are gross." I was relieved to hear that they did wear gloves when they worked on it at school.

So far, that is the most interesting school assignment I've ever seen.

-Suzy

2 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Maybe I'm glad Sally didn't make the cut for the gifted program after all.

Esther said...

Gross! I would have been worried about the germs too. This is quite the assignment for a second grader.

Mallory's story made me laugh, she's so cute!