Immediately after getting out of the bath last night, Mallory told me that she was cold and needed some hot-chocolate (the boys have somehow convinced her that every time you are cold, you need some hot-chocolate).
Anyway, I told her that we weren't going to have hot chocolate before bed, so she started on her usual pleading -- "Please mom can I have some hot chocolate?" and "But I REALLY REALLY want some hot chocolate"
repeated over and over again, louder and Louder and LOUDER.
When she finally realized that I wasn't going to change my mind, she stopped crying long enough to make a more reasonable request,"OK Mom. Can I have some hot chocolate for Christmas?"
OK -- maybe for Christmas if it isn't too expensive -- none of that Stephens Gourmet stuff.

Over the last month I have told Mallory that for Christmas she can have almost everything in the toy section at Walmart. When she starts begging, I say, "Maybe you can get that for Christmas" hoping and knowing that she'll never remember on Christmas morning that she asked for it. Bad parenting, I know, but it always seems to stop the begging (and isn't it all about stopping the insanity RIGHT NOW!!!?). I'm hoping she doesn't suddenly acquire memory super-powers, or we are going to have a very SAD SAD Christmas morning.
-Suzy
2 comments:
I do the exact same thing. So far, as long as the begging hasn't been for the same item over and over, I have been safe.
I'll wish the same for you. You can always go to her birthday after Christmas. I do that too. :)
Stephens can be pretty cheap if you buy it in bulk at Costco, on sale. ... and you have a coupon.
Post a Comment