For anyone who has seen Ryan vs. Dorkman on Youtube, you can probably skip the video. In fact, I've never been interested enough to watch the entire thing, so Dorkman might not even be the final winner. I just know that at some point in the clip, Dorkman appears to be winning the fight, which is where this blog entry begins.
Anyway, we were letting our boys watch the video, and Taylor made a really interesting comment. He said "I know why Dorkman is winning... He has glasses, so he can see."
After a few follow-up questions, I realized that Taylor was under the impression that people who don't wear glasses can't see (they see as well as he can without his glasses on). All this time he has felt so lucky that he can see better than most people around him. I thought that was really interesting.
Just as a side note, I think the Ryan guy on the video looks freakishly like my brother Daniel (who hopefully won't mind me posting his picture for everyone to see - at least it is a cool mission picture, right?).
-Suzy
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The resemblance is striking.
Post a Comment