Then, there are always one or two teenage boys who believe they should have been cast as Joseph so they sing extra loud and make overly-dramatic stage gestures (most involving flailing arms) in order to draw attention to themselves (said one such teenage boy, "My favorite movie is High School Musical. Everyone tells me I sound totally like Zack.") But - hey - drama is their life.
Here are a couple funny things we witnessed:
1- At the end of the second performance we overheard one of the performer's mothers say, "It's so nice that we can see our daughter's shows here in town and for only five dollars. Some day seeing her on stage will involve a thousand-mile plane trip and hundred-dollar tickets. We'll just have to enjoy these small-town shows while we can." It should be noted that the daughter of whom this mother was speaking is no older than 10. She shared the prestigious part of "children's chorus member" with about 30 other children.
2- At a cast meeting before the second performance, one cast member reported, "My boss, who never lies, saw Joseph on Broadway, and she said our show was almost as good." You probably didn't see the show, but let me restate three words. Rexburg Community Theatre. Enough said.
Anyway, check out the pictures of our thespian son (look it up - it has nothing to do with what you think) and his friends (all girls - maybe this kid's onto something) .
2 comments:
I love you posts, they make me laugh!
I never have liked the word "thespian", is too close to... well, you know. Personally I would never call my child a thespian, just to prevent any unnecessary teasing/misunderstanding from their peers :)
Hey, it's all good experience. You never know if the kids like what they do enough to figure out what they want to be when they grow up. I didn't know until I was 29.
Post a Comment