Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

Here are some pictures from our Rexburg 4th of July celebration. Carter and Taylor got to be on the float for the Rexburg Children's Museum, which ended up being extra special because it received the "Mayor's Choice" award. The rest of us sat on the sidelines, cheered, and gathered candy to share with the boys.

We later had a barbecue with some friends and then mooched off of all our neighbors' fireworks. The kids wanted to watch fireworks with friends instead of going to see the "big fireworks". Actually, we were really surprised (or not really, after living in Idaho for this long) at how many people set off the giant illegal fireworks around the town. We got a pretty good show.

This was the first year that Mallory was really old enough to enjoy the fireworks. She liked them at first, but then became obsessed with how noisy they were. I ended up taking her home early, and had to lay by her in her bed for a little while because there were so many fireworks noises outside. When I realized she would never fall asleep with me there, I told her I needed to leave and sleep in my own bed. On my way out she said to me "Ok Mom, High Five!" and held out her hand for me to "high-five" her on the way out. I was kind of surprised, but found it to be pretty funny. Josh and I have been joking around a lot lately about how lame it is to "high-five", and she must have picked it up from that.

No comments: