Josh and I have been participating in a "Health Challenge" hosted by our Insurance Company. At the end of the year, we get some insurance refund money for every challenge we complete.
Challenge number one is to cut out sugar (like desserts, cookies, candy, treats, soda, etc...) from our diets for 2 months. We also need to exercise 5 times a week for the 2 months. We can cheat for 12 days on the diet (which sounds like a lot, but is only like 1, occasionally 2 days a week).
How much refund money would you expect for cutting out sugar? $10 a day? $5? $1? How about upwards of 50 cents? Yup- that's the magic number. How lame is that?! I'm probably just a big wimp, but is the hardest diet I have ever been on. You really ought to try it. :)
Yeah sure, it is probably good for us blah blah blah...
Some of our friends were wise and dropped out at the beginning, but now that we have made it half-way, we can't let the suffering be for NOTHING so onward we tread.
Whine whine whine, whine whine whine.
Do you know what DOESN'T sound good right now? A big bowl of Moose-tracks Ice Cream. I mean, honestly, who would want that? I'm going for a big bowl of spinach!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thanks for giving me a good laugh today. :) And for the record, I don't think I could do that diet of yours. Moosetracks ice cream and I are pretty good friends. I wouldn't want to hurt its feelings.
I keep thinking that Tom and I should do the Health Challenges, since I'm pretty sure we are on the same insurance as you guys. But I have been too lazy to implement it, and too lazy to figure out what the reward would be. Good to know it probably wouldn't be worth it, you know, except for all the healthy side benefits :).
btw, is that 50 cents each? or total? And do the kids count?
Was this post written by Josh? Or maybe you sound more and more like Josh all the time... scary! :0
Wow, congratulations on making it this far. I'm very impressed. I wish I had an insurance kick-back incentive so I could do it too, um because of course I can't go off sugar with my insurance...So is it true that you lose the craving for sugar when its been that long? Keep up the good work!
I was told that you'd lose your craving for sugar after a couple weeks. It took me about a month before things got better. (the cravings never completely disappeared for me)
I'm better at turning things down now, but I still have a hard time when I see my favorite desserts or candy. The worst temptation-- starburst, cookie dough, and icecream.
Post a Comment