She is very proud of her hair-cut, which makes me wonder if she learned any lesson from this, or if she'll do it again next month. Please, not the bangs!
A few people have pointed out that maybe I shouldn't make scissors so accessible to Mallory, which is a really valid suggestion. However, cutting paper is one of her favorite things to do - and she is pretty good at it (not sure where that will take her in life, but I'd hate to squelch a talent). She will often spend a good hour cutting pictures out of coloring books, and it is hard for me to pull her away from it. I think it has been good for her fine-motor skills - and good for my sanity because it keeps her occupied during the day.
Anyway, I took this picture today of some of the things that she has cut out in the last few days. I promise that I didn't help, except that I colored some of the pictures (yeah - coloring is WAY more fun than doing the dishes).
3 comments:
Wow! We are all so impressed at Mallory's scissor skills. She is really really precise - that's incredible talent! (She'll be bored silly during Kindergarten's cutting exercises). Kristin's prediction - she'll cut her hair again. :)
I also have to say how I impressed I am with your coloring skills. Good job Suzy! (he he)
Wow. She IS good!
that is some amazing scissor skill. i can't even get dallin to cut holding the scissors with one hand.
Post a Comment