Sunday, December 13, 2009

December Update

It has been a busy past month. I figured I ought to put a decent or recent post up, considering we included our blog address with our Christmas cards. By the way, our Christmas cards were embarrassingly impersonal this year. My sincere apologies go out to those who received them. It has been a busy year, and I was sort of lucky to just get them out.

Not a whole lot has happened since the last post, but here are a couple little happenings:
  1. We signed up the boys for Karate, so watch out!! They were intimidating kids to start out with (see picture). (Actually, the picture probably explains why karate might be necessary for our kids.) Karate has been good so far, except I don't think the boys learned the "You should never actually use karate on anyone, especially your brother and sister" lesson very well. Needless to say, there have been more tears in our house the past couple of weeks.
  2. We took the kids to see Santa (from the pictures you'll notice that we were lucky enough to get the actual REAL Santa. Can you believe it?!). We were shocked by the fact that Wyatt didn't cry when he sat on Santa's lap. WOW! That is a first in our family.
  3. Wyatt lost his last pacifier, so we decided to wean him from it. It was probably a good thing since the pacifier was really more for me than for him, and it looks really strange to see a kid with glasses and a pacifier. It makes you wonder if he is an old man or a baby with all those things on his face. Now he can just look like an old man.
Well, that's about it! We hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year.

3 comments:

Esther said...

Haha! I love the picture of Carter and Taylor! Great post! I also like your new header line, it's much more exciting :)

Stephanie said...

I think you should sign Mallory up for Karate too so she can learn some self-defense against her brothers :) Thanks for your Christmas card by the way. That was a very cute family picture.

Diane said...

Is a black uniform and white belt the same as a white uniform and a black belt?

If you ever hear the words "Okay Mallory, just stand there. I'm going to try something. Don't worry - it will look like I'm going to kick you but I really won't" then RUN!!!!

:)