Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mallory's Birthday

Here are some pictures from Mallory's 4th Birthday (and Party).

She wanted princesses, dresses and ponies, and that's what she got. What a girl.
Here is Mallory next to the castle that the girls all colored at her party.Some of the other games included:
*Search for jewels in the rice/beans
*Build a castle out of marshmallows and toothpicks (picture below)
*Musical Chairs/cake-walk
*Treasure hunt for gold candy

Just a few observations-- Girl parties are WAY easier to run than boy parties. We did many of the same games that we have done at our boy parties. The girls were so obedient, tame, and civil. No kung-fu, no running around chasing each other, no intense screaming. Ahhh, it was so nice.
I also have to admit that it was pretty fun having an excuse to make a bunch of girly stuff. When do I ever get a chance to paint a huge castle on a wall?

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a fun party! Mallory is so cute! I bet you are glad to be done with birthday parties for a while!

Kaylyn and Rob said...

Cute!!! The cake turned out perfect! I know who to hire come April :) Amy had a lot of fun & yes girl parties are easier!

Esther said...

That is so darling! I love the picture of Mallory hugging her dresses, and the games are so cute :) What a fun party! Awesome cake too!

Stephanie said...

I love the picture with Mallory clutching her girly dresses! She's so cute. And that castle cake was pretty darn amazing.