Funny Carter moment:
This last week we were having a discussion about cutting Taylor's hair, and somehow Chemotherapy came up during the hair conversation. Carter chimed in and mentioned that Taylor's haircut could look like Chemotherapy or Diagnosis. What?? That made no sense to any of us, and so Josh explained to Carter what Diagnosis meant. After realizing that he had the wrong definition for "diagnosis," he told us: "Well, I just got my definition from a shampoo bottle. It said 'Diagnosis: Dry, and rough hair'" We got a kick out of that. It's easy to see how he could be confused.
Taylor's extreme request:
Taylor announced last week that he wanted a mo-hawk. Not a faux-hawk, but a real mo-hawk. He started begging me for one, and I, being the all-wise parent (who knows Taylor would never enjoy calling a lot of attention to himself over an extreme haircut), told him "Sure!" I explained to him I thought that would be a great idea because everyone at school would notice him and think he was REALLY cool for being brave enough to have a mo-hawk. I took him to the bathroom where I usually give the haircuts. He started to look a little nervous as he saw me get out the clippers. He kept asking "I can really have one? Really?!" I just kept saying "Sure! It would be awesome!" As soon as it was time for him to sit down, he had completely bowed out of his bright idea for a mo-hawk. How easy was that? And now I'm the nice mom that would let her kid get a mo-hawk. :)
Chatty Mally:
Mallory is becoming very well-known for her endless talking. She basically thinks out loud all day long. Really, that's not an exaggeration. On our recent trip to Colorado, she ended up in a canoe with her Grandpa who happens to be very fond of peace and quiet. After the canoe ride, he told us that Mallory had not stopped talking the entire time (probably about 30 minutes). He told us that she went on and on about this and that and this and that. Mallory was listening to the conversation and chimed in saying: "And Grandpa kept saying Shhhh, Shhhh, Shhhhh." She didn't seem at all offended by his shushing. I think she is very used to it, and generally ignores any suggestion to stop talking (which is very inconvenient during a 12 hour car-ride).
Wyatt the Enforcer:
I'll just end this post with a video of Carter being mauled by Wyatt. Wyatt can be brutal, and we all have the marks to show for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How funny! I love all of them! I'm going to send Jimmy the link to this. Taylor wanting a mo-hawk is my favorite :)
I liked your stories! And DUDE. Just imagine -- we have THREE GIRLS. There is never no talking!
(Hey, wanting to plan our trip up there next month. Are you guys hosting your friends from Virginia both nights?)
Post a Comment