Friday, July 31, 2009

Playhouse Construction Day 1

The time has arrived, with Josh being off work for a few weeks, to construct a monstrous playhouse in the backyard. Actually, we didn't intend for the playhouse to end up dwarfing every other structure in the neighborhood. Apparently 12' x 5' is really, really, insanely, and embarrassingly big -- especially when it is raised 6 feet above ground. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it now that the posts are cemented in. (Our sincerest apologies go out to our backyard neighbors)

Josh, with only the slightest complaint agreed to build the thing. He's such a great Dad. I know he'll thank me in the future for making him do it providing him with the fantastic idea.

Anyway, you'd be so impressed with what he can do. For fun, we're going to be documenting the stages of construction on our blog. Josh also thought it would be important to document the stages of deformation to his hands, so I'll show that too. Remember, he'll thank me someday for this...

DAY ONE:I don't have any pictures of his hands before DAY 1, but try to imagine what an English Professor's hands look like -- slightly calloused from grading lots of papers, answering emails, and flipping pages of novels.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Haha! I love how you crossed out "making him do it" :) I think you are right though, he will be happy he did this for your cute kids!